The perfect gift for anyone with a desire to see the Northern Lights.
Discover the incomparable beauty of the Northern Lights with this accessible guide for aspiring astronomers and seasoned night sky observers. Covers the essential equipment needed for observation and photography and full of stunning photographs.
Tom Kerss covers the cultural and scientific context for auroras, and offers a comprehensive guide to forecasting and photography, so that readers can fuse their own technical mastery with the infinite creativity of nature.
- Read about the formation, properties and types of auroras
- Discover the mythology and history of The Northern Lights
- Find out about Aurora science from Antiquity to the modern day
- Learn how to take stunning photographs of the Northern Lights
- Includes a comprehensive travel and forecasting guide and a glossary of key terms.
The Northern Lights will give you a complete understanding of one of the true wonders of the natural world and leave you prepared for the adventure of a lifetime.