- Choosing a bike: different types of bike, correct sizing and setting up.
- Routine maintenance and repair: lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, repairing punctures, tyre care, chains, cables and brake pads.
- Braking systems: rim and disc brakes.
- Drive train: chains, cables, derailleurs, sprockets and cassettes, chainsets, bottom brackets, hub gears, gear shifters.
- Contact points: saddles, seat posts, bars and stems, pedals, toe clips, straps and clipless pedals.
- Wheels: adjustable-cone hubs, sealed-bearing hubs, spoke replacement and truing.
- Frames, forks, steering and suspension: frame materials and design, suspension fork strip and set-up, headset strip, adjustment and replacement, full-suspension bearing replacement.
- Safety, security and accessories: mudguards, racks, panniers, computers, bells, seatpost bags.
- Appendix: gear ratios, torque settings, chain types, tyre and rim combinations, Shimano, Sram and Campagnolo compatability, fault-finding.